More Power For You.
Niagara Power Transformer produces power and special application transformers for service in the most extreme conditions and demanding applications anywhere in the world.
It’s Time We Reintroduce Ourselves.
A lot has changed over the last 100 years.
Over the last century we’ve provided dependable power solutions to clients all over the world. Our business has grown rapidly and evolved significantly. What our company has evolved into bears little resemblance to the manufacturer of small dry type and pole top transformers that started in a former Buffalo trolley barn in 1924. With this in mind, we have decided to align our corporate name with our exciting future, while still preserving a strong connection to our historic past.
We’re excited to announce that Niagara Transformer is now Niagara Power Transformer.
We’ve introduced new cutting-edge technologies, expanded our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, and broadened our testing capabilities. With these advancements, our product offering has grown and the experience of our people has deepened. All of it has been done to remain a cutting edge, world leader in the design and manufacturing of special application and medium liquid-filled power transformers.
So yes, we’ve grown – and in many ways, grown up – but one thing that hasn’t changed over the last 100 years is our unwavering commitment to excellence and our unwavering commitment to you.
Going forward, you can depend on Niagara Power Transformer just like you depended on Niagara Transformer, to continue manufacturing world-class liquid-filled transformers and to continue to provide you dependable power solutions today, tomorrow, and for many years to come.
We’re Niagara Power Transformer, and we’re powering possible.
Choose from the list of our featured transformer types below.
Liquid-Filled Power Transformers
- Single-Phase Power Transformer
- Substation Transformers
- On-load Tap Changing Transformers (OLTC)
- Generator Step-Up Transformers (GSU)
- Unit Auxiliary Transformers (UAT)
- Reserve Auxiliary Transformers (RAT)
- Station Service Transformers (SST)
- Unit Substation Transformers
- Step-Up Transformers
- View All
Rectifier Duty Transformers
- Drive Duty Transformers
- Pulse Rectifier Duty Transformers
- Variable Speed Drive Duty Transformers
- Drive Output Transformers
- Process High Current Duty Transformers
- Extra Heavy-Duty Traction Transformers
- Multiple Phase Shifted Windings Transformers
- Static Frequency Converter Transformers
- High Current Rectification Transformers
- Cyclo-Converter Transformers
- Excitation Transformers
- Static Excitation Transformers
- View All
Grounding TransformersLearn More
Voltage regulators can use a variety of on-load tap changing devices to provide this voltage compensation. Up to 200 MVA of through power.
- Up to 50 MVA base rating
- Up to 138 kV, 650 kV BIL
- 3 phase
- Resistive or reactive on load switch
- Custom tap voltages available
- Auto/manual control
- Local/remote control
- Forward or reverse power (optional)
- Line drop compensation (optional)
- Retrofit of existing equipment (optional)
- High efficiency
- Low sound level
- Any type of Transformers in a Compartmental Type Tamper-Proof Enclosures
- Skid Mount Power Transformer
- Iron Core Reactors
- Marine Offshore Duty Transformers
- Motor Starting Auto-Transformers
- Phase-Shifting Transformers
- Mobile Substation Transformers
- Hazardous Location Transformers
- Furnace (Induction & Arc) Duty Transformers
- Mining Duty Transformers
- Test Transformers
- View All
Industries We Serve
- Bio Gas Power
- Concentrated Solar Power
- Electric Utilities
- Marine – Offshore
- Mass Transit
- Oil and Gas
- Petrochemical Power Generation
- Pulp and Paper
- Waste Water
- Wind Energy
OUR TRANSFORMERS, BY THE NUMBERS
From the test floor to the substation yard, we put our expertise to the ultimate test every day.
over the last 10 YEARS
over the last 10 YEARS
FOCUSED ON THE FUTURE
Niagara Power Transformer is one of the most trusted liquid-filled transformer manufacturers in the world, but we’re not resting on our 95 years of continuous service. We’re focused on the future of the power industry, having recently invested $35 million in our facilities and testing and winding capabilities. But if there’s anything we’ve learned over our long history, it’s that our real power is giving you confidence in our commitment to quality and safety, engineering depth and experience, manufacturing excellence, design nimbleness and production flexibility, continuous employee engagement—all while staying on fast and reliable shipping schedules.
Small business certified for federal contracting, UL, CUL, RUS, DNV, ABS, Lloyd’s Register, FM UBC, CSA, WEEE, RoHS, RoHS China, CE, IEC, GOST, BS, PIP, KC
“At our core, Niagara Power Transformer has the best people, taking on the toughest engineering challenges with the highest quality and the shortest lead times.”
John F. Darby, President
For additional information, industry & company news, answers to FAQs, downloadable documents and more; check out our resource section. View All ResourcesRead FAQ