Skid Mount Power Transformer
Skid-mounted substations offer fast and easy deployment, minimizing civil works as well as installation and commissioning effort on site. The pre fab substation is assembled on a self-supporting transformer skid, creating an easily transportable design that can be quickly energized.
Factory-assembled, wired and tested, the turnkey power substation reduces costs, time, space and labor. Customers experience significantly reduced downtime, reduced risk and a simplified installation with our pre-engineered, simple, modular designed units that are assembled and tested at the factory. All skid units are shipped in one piece, as much as possible, configured to meet specific project requirements, and type-tested according to current, relevant standards.
- Reduced design time with pre-engineered, modular designs
- Simplified, quick ‘plug and play’ installation with units that are pre-designed, assembled and pre-tested — simply drop into place and connect cables
- Increased safety from type testing of all electrical equipment contained within the skid substation
- Up to 50 MVA base rating
- Up to 138kV, 650kV BIL
- Mineral Oil, Enviro Temp FR3, Luminol, or other liquids
- Circular layer, disc or helical construction
- Custom features such as an on-load tap changer
- Can be built to dual or multiple voltage transformer designs for more universal application. Less expensive than a mobile transformer.
- Usually provided for utilities in heavy metropolitan areas, but also for deployment to more rural areas for emergency installations.